Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Windows Common Dialogs in VBA?

I'm writing a series of excel macros for sound processing and would like
to present the user with a FileOpen common dialogue so that they can
select a wave file to take data from.
In VB I would use Project|Components... to add the control for the
windows common dialogue. In VBA there is no such menu item. There is a
Tools|Add Controls... item, but it is deactivated. I can load the add-in
manager, but it doesn't have any add-ins to chose from.
Anyone know how I might get myself a common dialogue control in VBA?

Thanks
Lenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Load

vFilename = Application.GetOpenFilename(Title:="Enter file name",
MultiSelect:= False)

Save
vFilename = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(Title:="Enter file name",
InitialFileName:="")

http://www.billlunney.com/Excel/FAQ/...?ExcelFAQID=71

Bill Lunney
www.billlunney.com