Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default right right$ left left$ mid mid$

If you change the code to:

nameR = VBA.Strings.left(nameL,5)

Does it work?

If so, try unregistering the refference to "Visual Basic for Applications"
in Tools | Refferences and then re-registering it.

"Craig Mitchell" wrote in message
I have an application I've built with excel that
generates an error

Cannot find project or library

on the code

nameR = left(nameL,5)

it also generates the same error on Left$, Right, Right$,
Mid and Mid$

I have correcteed this error by moving string
manipulation to a seperate function (lefty etc) contained
in a seperate module. this was the only fix.

Any ideas why this has happened?

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Everything suggested here works fine on my system - in
fact the original code caused no errors on mine, its just
when I distribute it and suddenly others in my team have
this error.

I tried removing the library in order to re-add it but
excel claims its in use and won't allow me to uncheck the
box.

Getting rather confused now.

any more ideas?

In Hope.