Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PLN PLN is offline

Default copy/paste macro

I have only written very basic macros and now I am trying
to do something that I think should be simple for others
but is too advanced for me! Assuming I can explain it
well... (P.S. please let me know the right place to post
if this is not the right forum, thank you)

I am using Excel 2002, I would assume some coworkers have
2000.

I have a very large spreadsheet - ~2000 rows and ~15
columns. Let's say it looks like this:

Author ID Date Location Name Prerequisites Other
Ken 1 12/20 NY Gold None Left
Gregg 2 3/4 FL Ink Add Supplement (blank)
Jen 3 5/4 FL Slate (blank) Send ASAP

Some of this information needs to be pasted into another
document, one document per row. The new document for ID
1 would begin as follows:
Author: Ken
ID: 1
Name: Gold
Prerequisites: None

For ID 2:
Author: Gregg
ID: 2
Name: Ink
Prerequisites: Add Supplement

The same information would need to be copied from Excel
for every additional row into a separate document.

Rather than copy and paste, I want to create a macro to
copy all of the information I need per ID for the new
document into one cell in the same row. I would then
only need to select the one cell and copy paste.
Also, I did try and create the macro, did alright with
the exception of some relative reference issues (can't
seem to get that concept down) and there were so many
steps that I think I would need to do 2 macros instead of
just one.

Please email me if I did not explain well enough.
Otherwise, I will check back here later.
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What do you mean by "document"? That's a Word term. Excel has workbooks
consisting of one or more worksheets. Are you saying that you want each row
transposed vertically to a new worksheet in the range A1:A4 in that same
workbook?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PLN PLN is offline

I want the various information to be captured in one cell
for each row of information. I will then take the info
in that one cell and put it into a text file.

.