Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Menubar locked in Internet Explorer

Sorry for the length of the post...complicated problem.

I am redirecting my browser directly to an Excel file
located on a server inside an intranet. On most
workstations, the file is displayed properly and all
functionality is available, however in somecases, the
menubar at the top of the browser is locked and Excel
functionality cannot be used to manipulate the file. Have
had problems on only specific machines, notibly with IE
6.0. However in one instance it occurs with IE 5.5 SP1.
Users can log on to a different machine and it works fine,
so I doubt it is a profile security problem. If anyone
has any ideas at all, help would be much aprreciated, as I
have been working on this issue for several days.

Matt.