-   -   CLEAN function does not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/272075-clean-function-does-not-work.html)

mac

CLEAN function does not work

I have a one column which has printable/special character in each cell.
When I try to use =clean(a1), nothing happens. It just print =clean(a1) in
b1. I tried F9 to recalc. but nothing is happening.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Bob Phillips[_5_]

CLEAN function does not work

Mac,

Do you see =CLEAN(A1) in the cell, or the value in A1. It may be that there
is a space or spaces before the =.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"mac" wrote in message
I have a one column which has printable/special character in each cell.
When I try to use =clean(a1), nothing happens. It just print =clean(a1)

in
b1. I tried F9 to recalc. but nothing is happening.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

CLEAN function does not work

Is either A1 formatted as Text or the cell with the formula formatted as
text. If so, format them as general. Then re-enter the formula.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy