Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ON ERROR

I have a following problem.
From Batch file runs VBS from VBS runs Excel and its Macro
code in VBA creates pivot table and at the and close
itself.
Sometimes appears an Error: Windows with ERROR information
and Check box "Recover my work and restart Excel Two
Bottoms "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send"
This cause that The Excel stay in this state and it needs
Manual interaction.

My questions a
Why this described message appeared Even though I have
switched on "ON ERROR GOTO .." in VBA Macro ?
How to manage to do not display this Error message and
control errors in VBA?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Error only handles trappable errors. If Excel crashes, that isn't
trappable by VBA.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Honza" wrote in message
I have a following problem.
From Batch file runs VBS from VBS runs Excel and its Macro
code in VBA creates pivot table and at the and close
itself.
Sometimes appears an Error: Windows with ERROR information
and Check box "Recover my work and restart Excel Two
Bottoms "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send"
This cause that The Excel stay in this state and it needs
Manual interaction.

My questions a
Why this described message appeared Even though I have
switched on "ON ERROR GOTO .." in VBA Macro ?
How to manage to do not display this Error message and
control errors in VBA?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I see.
I need to manage kill the excel to my main BATCH file could continue
with Another Excel task ...
There should run another check program which would check if Excel does
not crashed. If so, then kill the Excel.

How I can control that Excel crashed - Status of excel?

Thanks for help.

Regards
Honza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a whole process:
1. The Main Batch run vbs
2. vbs opens MainExcel.xls and run macro with passed
parameter
3. in MainExcel.xls there are all macros to create pivot.
4. At the end the MainExcel.xls closes
5. End of cycle - continue by 1. - run another vbs from
the bat

Regards
Jan Kypta

I guess the answer would depend specifics as to where

your code is running
and what facilities it has for checking this.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Jan Kypta" wrote in message
Thanks. I see.
I need to manage kill the excel to my main BATCH file

could continue
with Another Excel task ...
There should run another check program which would

check if Excel does
not crashed. If so, then kill the Excel.

How I can control that Excel crashed - Status of excel?

Thanks for help.

Regards
Honza

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com