Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Symbols in UserForms

Hey Gang:

I'm trying to figure out if I can enter symbols in text boxes in
UserForms. Any ideas?

Specifically, I'm generating an addin of statistical utilities and would
like to use the Greek symbols for mean (mu) and standard deviation
(little sigma), among others.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best way would be to have a button that inserts it for you. So the
onclick code for the Mu button would say something like:

Textbox1.Value = chr(181)

To see all the chr codes, use this code. The row number it's on is the
code number:

Sub ListCodes()
For x = 1 To 255
Range("A" & x).Value = Chr(x)
Next x
End Sub

---
Mark Bigelow
mjbigelow at hotmail dot com
http://hm.imperialoiltx.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the font is Symbol you can.

if you want mixed fonts, then you would need to handle the formatting of
these entries in code through some type of interface.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Matt Andrzejewski" wrote in message
Hey Gang:

I'm trying to figure out if I can enter symbols in text boxes in
UserForms. Any ideas?

Specifically, I'm generating an addin of statistical utilities and would
like to use the Greek symbols for mean (mu) and standard deviation
(little sigma), among others.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Mark and Tom, for the help.