Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell properties

I am working with Office XP and I have created a custom
form in Outlook. Because of its limitations with writing
to other applications I have created a table view in
Outlook that will allow me to copy and paste into Excel.
It does not appear that there is a limit to the text box
in Outlook, but when I try to paste text into Excel it
truncates it at 255 characters. I do not work alot with
Excel, and therefore not sure what the limitations on the
size of a field might be. Any help on where to look for
help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

a cell can hold 32K characters.

I created a table in word 3 rows x 3 columns, and put a bit over 500
characters in each cell. I pasted that into Excel with no problem. I
increase the characters per cell in the table to over 1500 and again pasted
with no problem. (Note that Excel only displays approximately 1024
characters in the cell if no hard returns, but all characters are visible in
the formula bar if you select the cell. This was a manual copy and paste.
Not sure how you are doing it. There are some limitations to 255 characters
when passing strings in code.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"sallie" wrote in message
I am working with Office XP and I have created a custom
form in Outlook. Because of its limitations with writing
to other applications I have created a table view in
Outlook that will allow me to copy and paste into Excel.
It does not appear that there is a limit to the text box
in Outlook, but when I try to paste text into Excel it
truncates it at 255 characters. I do not work alot with
Excel, and therefore not sure what the limitations on the
size of a field might be. Any help on where to look for
help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ultimately I was using Excel as a means to get data into
Access, to create a database. To try the copy and paste
directly into Access from Outlook gives me the message
that the text is too long to be edited... and I do have
the fields in Access defined as Memo. Opening the custom
form in Outlook shows the fields are intact, but when I
paste into Excel they are truncated.

So it looks like the issue is still an Outlook thing. I
do appreciate your giving this a shot though.

.