Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Flashplayer

Hi all

Someone sent me an excel workbook containing an object embedded into the
worksheet. The object concerned is a game (or rather a small puzzle).
Clicking on various images within the object cause them to behave
dynamically.

I cannot seem to "isolate" the object, as I would normally be able to do
with, say, a chart. The workbook contains no VBA modules, nor code behind
the sheets. The workbook and worksheets are unprotected, and it contains no
names nor hidden (nor veryhidden) worksheets.

If I click on the object generally it does not "select" it, ie borders do
not change appearance. If I right-click on the object it does pop up a
menu, at the bottom of which is an item described as "About Macromedia
Flashplayer 8 ..."

I am tempted to ask "what's that all about?" but I realise that would not
get much of a response, being rather vague, so I shall start with a couple
of more specific questions:

1) Is there a security risk with such objects? My normal security settings
are set to "medium", but I am not prompted with any warning not to open the
workbook.

2) Why would anyone distribute this in an Excel Workbook? Cannot such
objects be embedded into a Word file? I would have thought that more
potential recipients would have Word installed than Excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This will help you to open it

http://scriptorium.serve-it.nl/view.php?sid=48