Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Splitting and Extracting data

I really hope someone here can help me. I have imported text into excel
which is currently in A1-A4600; quite a bit of info. The data
previously looked like this:

ST last name, first name STORE# ADDRESS CITY ZIP Phone

I was able to get the ST (state) in column A, and the last name in
column C by using the text to column function. In column C, I need the
first name. This data can be any length, contain a nick name or middle
inital so it would have to extract all the text up to the first number
for the store number.

Can someone help me out on this one?

--
JaredC