trav

Default How do I put a list of names and e-mail addresses in excel so tha.

I have a list of names and e-mail addresses in excel that I would like to
import into my contacts of outlook. I tried the wizard, but it says that the
excel file has no named ranges. Tried adding names, but I just don't
understand what it is talking about. Any help?
tjtjjtjt

To create a named range:
Select all the cells that contain names and emails
Then, Insert | Name | Define
In the box below "Names in workbook:", type the you want to use name
(The name should not contain spaces)
Click Okay.

tj

"trav" wrote:

I have a list of names and e-mail addresses in excel that I would like to
import into my contacts of outlook. I tried the wizard, but it says that the
excel file has no named ranges. Tried adding names, but I just don't
understand what it is talking about. Any help?

Jason Morin

In addition to TJ's instructions, you can find good
reading material about defined names at:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a list of names and e-mail addresses in excel that

I would like to
import into my contacts of outlook. I tried the wizard,

but it says that the
excel file has no named ranges. Tried adding names, but

I just don't
understand what it is talking about. Any help?
.

Jason Morin

Darn it, Bob, that link is wrong on your main page. :)
Sorry about that. Try:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html

HTH
Jason