Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default finding 1st populated cell on a vector with varying starting points

I would like to be able to lookup the value of the first populated cell
to the right and 1 row below that of the active cell and the first
populated cell to the left and 1 row below that of the active cell.
The active is 1 row right above the range of cells with potentially
populated values, which is only 10 cells in lenth.

Is there a function or combination of functions that can accomplish
this? I would like to do this without using additional rows; however,
if absolutely necessary I'm willing to use one extra row.

I've slugged together a solution to find the value to the left, but in
doing this have used my one extra row and cannot figure out how to
accomplish the lookup to the right, without using another row.

For example, the formula in the 'active cell' would be able to find and
use the 10 and 20 in the following cells:

blank blank 'active cell'
10 blank blank blank 20 blank 15 blank blank 10

Thanks for help.