Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Recouping

Hi I have the following

Category A1 A2 T1 T2
a 4 8 5 5
b 5 6 5 5
C 6 5 5 5
d 7 5 5 5
Total 22 23 20 20

A1 & A2 are Actual Qtr1 and Qtr2
T1 & T2 are Target Qtr1 and Qtr 2

I want a function to be in a cell eg A7 that will evaluate A1 by
comparing the individual category in A1 with T1 if the Individual
Category are =T1 the it should Take The Total and mutiply it by 3%
which is this case should be 0.66 taking into account that Total
A1=Total T1( if not then should return 0) but if any category in A1<T1
and Total A1=Total T1then it should Take Total A1 multiply it by
2%(0.44).

In another Cell eg A8 we should have a function that evaluates if A7
divided by Total A1<3% if true then it should evaluate category
summation of each category A1 and A2 with summation of each Category T1
and T2 if (A1+A2)=(T1+T2) then it should Take (Total A1+Total A2)*3%
minus Cell A7.And if A7 divided by Total A1=3% then it should evaluate
A2 by comparing the individual category in A2 with T2 if the Individual
Category are =T2 then it should Take The Total A2 and mutiply it by 3%
which is this case should be 0.69 taking into account that Total
A2=Total T2( if not then should return 0) but if any category in A2<T2
and Total A2=Total T2then it should Take Total A2 multiply it by
2%(0.46).

--
William Okumu
William Okumu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33745

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure your 2nd paragraph Question. I guess your 1st paragraph answers as
below:

=IF(AND(A1=T1,B5=D5),B6*3%)
COME OUT 0.66

=IF(AND((OR((A1=T1),(A2=T2),(A3=T3),(A4=T4))), (B6=D6)),B6*2%)
COME OUT 0.44

Hope this help