Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Orif

HI All,

I am trying to write an OR IF formula. Maybe there is an easier way.

This is what I am trying to write
=IF(a2=D1,1,0),orif(B2=D1,2,0),orif(C2=D1,1,0) - The formula would be
in D2

What the formula needs to say is if the value in A2 equals D1 return
value 1, or if not then if the value in B2 equals D1 return value 2, or
if not then if the value in C2 equals D1 return value 1.

Please help maybe I am trying the wrong formular?

thanks
Brento

--
Brento
Brento's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25213

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brento,

=IF(A2=D1,1,IF(B2=D1,1,IF(C2=D1,1,0)))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Brento" wrote in message

| HI All,
|
| I am trying to write an OR IF formula. Maybe there is an easier way.
|
| This is what I am trying to write
| =IF(a2=D1,1,0),orif(B2=D1,2,0),orif(C2=D1,1,0) - The formula would be
| in D2
|
| What the formula needs to say is if the value in A2 equals D1 return
| value 1, or if not then if the value in B2 equals D1 return value 2, or
| if not then if the value in C2 equals D1 return value 1.
|
| Please help maybe I am trying the wrong formular?
|
| thanks
| Brento
|

| --
| Brento
| Brento's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25213
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561714

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brento wrote:
HI All,

I am trying to write an OR IF formula. Maybe there is an easier way.

This is what I am trying to write
=IF(a2=D1,1,0),orif(B2=D1,2,0),orif(C2=D1,1,0) - The formula would be
in D2

What the formula needs to say is if the value in A2 equals D1 return
value 1, or if not then if the value in B2 equals D1 return value 2,
or if not then if the value in C2 equals D1 return value 1.

Please help maybe I am trying the wrong formular?

thanks
Brento

Hi Brento,

try this: