Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help, help, help.

I've created a form and have locked/unlocked cells. When I protect the form
and tab through the unlocked cells I'd like to be able to tab through a
certain sequence throughout the cells. Right now it's just tabing from left
to right/top to bottom. Can I do this?

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John,

Have a look at this post from Ragdyer

http://tinyurl.com/39vzv

HTH
MartinW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please excuse my stupidity, but where is this "name box?"

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi John,

Have a look at this post from Ragdyer

http://tinyurl.com/39vzv

HTH
MartinW

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John,

The name box is to the left of your formula bar at the top left
of your screen. It tells you the name of the active cell.
To input the range name as Ragdyer suggests just click in the
name box. When you want to activate the range name
click on the pulldown arrow at the right of the box and
select the name that you inputted earlier.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Martin,

Okay, I followed the steps and added a range name in the name box, but
nothing happened. The instructions don't mention anything about saving it or
what to do after I enter a range name. I have 109 cells for data entry.
Helllllp.

John

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi John,

The name box is to the left of your formula bar at the top left
of your screen. It tells you the name of the active cell.
To input the range name as Ragdyer suggests just click in the
name box. When you want to activate the range name
click on the pulldown arrow at the right of the box and
select the name that you inputted earlier.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you select the cells before entering the range name in the box?

Click on the drop arrow on the name box and select your name.

The cells will be selected.

Note: There is a 255 character limit to the "Refers to" address so it may be
difficult to fit in 109 if non-contiguous.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP