Dave Peterson

Default Conditional Formatting using result of Cell Formulas

If that cell to be formatted is A1, how about:
Formula is:
=A1=""

or
=A1<""

(Top one formats if the formula returns "". Bottom one if the formula returns
that number.)

I like the second formula--but that's a personal preference. I find it easier
to see those "" when they're next to what caused them.

But I think the real answer is to use the one you like and be able to understand
both.

Father Guido wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to make a conditional format when the result of a formula
results in a value being entered in a cell.

I'm using Excel Xp and my formula is as follows.

=IF(F160="Need Info",TODAY()-S160,"")

I've tried using formulas like 0, <"", <BLANK etc. but they all
seem to fail. All cells are formatted, even entirely blank cells, as
if the condition has been met.

BTW, is this formula better strategically than the above formula.

=IF(F160<"Need Info","",TODAY()-S160)

Just curious.

TIA!!!

Norm