Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How does one disable Auto-Formatting of dates?

Whenever I type something like 2-3 it automatically gets changed to a date
(i.e. 3 Feb.) I've tried changed the cell properties to "general" but that
only covert the date to the Excel day number (c. 38 000). When I delete it
and start over the autoformat is on again.

How do I stop this? I just want the computer to display two numbers with a
dash in between. Is that too much to ask?