Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding a line to a PivotChart

I'd like to add a line to a column PivotChart representing the upper
quartile of a series. I can calculate the upper quartile in code, but
can't find a way in code to place a line so that it crossed the Y
axis at the upper quartile. I can do this in an Excel chart by adding
and formatting a series, rather than drawing a line; but in a
PivotChart, I'm unable to add a series or a trend line.

(also posted to the Excel programming group)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include
the line in that.

On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
chart from pivot data:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Debra -

I'll try this approach if I can't figure out a way to insert the line
on the PivotChart.

Intuitively it seems like one should be able to search for the Y
Intercept in the set of Y axis values, and then draw a simple line from
that point, but I can't figure out a way to do that even though it
sounds simple.

Walden

Seems like the Y Intercept should be an object.