Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Scrollarea

I am trying to limit the area that users of my spreadsheet can view, I have
tried using the scrollarea function which works until the spreadhseet is
closed, when I open it again it resets to allow users to scroll through the
whole worksheet.

Can anyone assist with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could hide the parts you don't want them to see instead? Format,
column/Row or right mouse click gives you the Hide command.
HTH - Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com
MOS OFfice training, London

"Doug" wrote:

I am trying to limit the area that users of my spreadsheet can view, I have
tried using the scrollarea function which works until the spreadhseet is
closed, when I open it again it resets to allow users to scroll through the
whole worksheet.

Can anyone assist with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Doug" wrote:
I am trying to limit the area that users of my spreadsheet can view, I have
tried using the scrollarea function which works until the spreadhseet is
closed, when I open it again it resets to allow users to scroll through the
whole worksheet.

Yes, reading from past posts, the setting is transient (doesn't get saved) ..

Try the sub below, which is to be placed in the "ThisWorkbook" module

Right-click on the Excel icon at the top left corener (just to the left of
"File" on the menu Choose "View Code". This will bring you direct into the
"ThisWorkbook" module. Copy Paste the sub into the code window on the
right

'----
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:B100"
End Sub
'---

Adapt the range to suit ..
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Max,

Thanks but it still doesn't seem to be working, the range I want to be
viewed is a1:g97 (however the end reference varies as I have different
worksheets to apply this to).

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

"Max" wrote:

"Doug" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Doug" wrote:
Thanks but it still doesn't seem to be working, the range I want to be
viewed is a1:g97 (however the end reference varies as I have different
worksheets to apply this to).

Try something like:
(for different sheetnames, different scrollareas)

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:G97"
Worksheets("Sheet2").ScrollArea = "A1:E50"
Worksheets("Sheet3").ScrollArea = "A1:D100"
End Sub

Adapt to suit, eg put in the actual sheetnames & scrollareas