Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Count Weekdays Formula

I need a Formula that will count weekdays only For Example

A1-7/13/06

I am going to need 12 days to complete the task so in another cell i
want it to only count 12 working days (monday to friday) and display
the result in cell c1

any help ?

--
Ziggy M
Ziggy M's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36338

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!

Try this:

=WORKDAY(A1,12)

The workday function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed. If
the formula returns #NAME? that probably means you don't have the ATP
installed. If that's the case, goto the menu ToolsAddins.

Biff

"Ziggy M" wrote in
message ...

I need a Formula that will count weekdays only For Example

A1-7/13/06

I am going to need 12 days to complete the task so in another cell i
want it to only count 12 working days (monday to friday) and display
the result in cell c1

any help ?

--
Ziggy M
Ziggy M's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561241

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula is
=WORKDAY(A1,12)
but it can be expanded to include a list of holidays: check out Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

try NETWORKDAYS() function - just search help as not sure how it works.
just have start/end date parameters I believe.

god luck

Ziggy M wrote:
I need a Formula that will count weekdays only For Example

A1-7/13/06

I am going to need 12 days to complete the task so in another cell i
want it to only count 12 working days (monday to friday) and display
the result in cell c1

any help ?

--
Ziggy M
Ziggy M's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36338
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561241

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

P.S.

This formula returns the date serial number. You'll have to format the
formula cell as DATE.

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

Try this:

=WORKDAY(A1,12)

The workday function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed. If
the formula returns #NAME? that probably means you don't have the ATP
installed. If that's the case, goto the menu ToolsAddins.

Biff

"Ziggy M" wrote in
message ...

I need a Formula that will count weekdays only For Example

A1-7/13/06

I am going to need 12 days to complete the task so in another cell i
want it to only count 12 working days (monday to friday) and display
the result in cell c1

any help ?

--
Ziggy M
Ziggy M's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Amazing Thank You :)

--
Ziggy M
Ziggy M's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36338
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561241

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome!

Biff

"Ziggy M" wrote in
message ...

Amazing Thank You :)

--
Ziggy M
Ziggy M's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just an after thought, but if you need to account for holidays, you can
use NETWORKDAYS. This will allow you to create a list of holidays that
will be skipped in addition to Saturday and Sunday. Please note that
this also requires the analysis toolpak to be installed.

--
mhart210
mhart210's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26413

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"mhart210" wrote in
message ...

Just an after thought, but if you need to account for holidays, you can
use NETWORKDAYS. This will allow you to create a list of holidays that
will be skipped in addition to Saturday and Sunday. Please note that
this also requires the analysis toolpak to be installed.

The WORKDAY function also has an optional holidays argument.

Syntax

WORKDAY(start_date,days,holidays)

Biff