Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Large spreadsheet-multiple users-password protected-filtered

Scenerio:
I have one large spreadsheet that I created for all the leads I receive
for 12 outside sales reps.
What I want to do:
I want to have this spreadsheet on our shared drive but have it so that
if an outside sales rep logs in with his specified password that he only
see's his own leads.
Currently doing:
Cutting and pasting to seperate workbooks so that they only can see
their information and emailing to them.
Problem:
Lots of time used to cut and paste

Question:
Is there a way that excel can do this? Multiple users all having access
to one spreadsheet with all information but only seeing their
information.

--
jeffk
jeffk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36334

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could be done using some extensive VBA to hide/unhide sheets dependent upon the
logged in user.

But this would be an exercise in futility because Excel is not a very secure
application and if users disabled macros, you would need more code to overcome
that eventuality.

The rule is..........if the data is in a workbook, it is not secure from prying
eyes.

Have you thought about linking the master workbook to each reps' workbook?

Or just using a filter to show rep # 1's material then copying just the visible
cells and pasting to the body of an email.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:56:08 -0400, jeffk
wrote:

Scenerio:
I have one large spreadsheet that I created for all the leads I receive
for 12 outside sales reps.
What I want to do:
I want to have this spreadsheet on our shared drive but have it so that
if an outside sales rep logs in with his specified password that he only
see's his own leads.
Currently doing:
Cutting and pasting to seperate workbooks so that they only can see
their information and emailing to them.
Problem:
Lots of time used to cut and paste

Question:
Is there a way that excel can do this? Multiple users all having access
to one spreadsheet with all information but only seeing their
information.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is well-suited as a Web app.

Try this: http://tracker.jot.com/