Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Please Help - Web Query in Excel

Ok to start off, I'm new here to the board and pretty advanced in Excel.
I'm going to explain my dilemma to the best of my abilities..if it
needs more explanation, please inquire, as I GREATLY need the solution
to my problem to save alot of time! Here goes...and THANKS in
advance!!!

Lets say you are looking at the below information in excel:
_____A__________B______C_______D
1__Street#_____Street___Zip_____Phone
2__1234_______Stone___75234
3__2345_______Rock____75234
4__3456_______Dirt ____75234

I need a way to set up a web query to take a2,b2,c2 and do a reverse
address search on whitepages.com or a similar website...pic out the
phone number from the returned information and place the phone number
in d2...and repeat the process for a3,b3,c3 and so on....

I have played with whitepages.com and have set up a web query to do
one line alone by creating an iqy file... here it is...
WEB
1
http://www.whitepages.com/10001/sear...s?housenumber=["housenumber"]&street=["street"]&city_zip=["city_zip"]&state_id=

Selection=3
Formatting=None
PreFormattedTextToColumns=True
ConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne=True
SingleBlockTextImport=False
DisableDateRecognition=False
DisableRedirections=True

The problem is...it isn't automated. I have to run the query each
time..select the three respective cells .. and then manually copy the
number to the respective row in column D.

I figure this is going to have to be a combination of a web query and
macros to get the job done.

If anyone can help...PLEASE help! Thank you again.

Kinneth

--
Kinneth
Kinneth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36310