Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default in a data validation list how do i color a choice?

i want the choices to be formated in different colors, or bold or italics, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Think your after Conditional Formatting.

e.g if cell value = 3 you could change the format to Bold and Red
Font.

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sam

You can't

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Sam" wrote in message
i want the choices to be formated in different colors, or bold or italics,
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

you can, because i am working in a spredsheet that someone else created that
does. but how?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Sam

You can't

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Sam" wrote in message
i want the choices to be formated in different colors, or bold or italics,
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sam

As I pointed out I have maybe misunderstood that you wanted the items in the
dropdown different colour etc.

Maybe you should re-describe what you are looking to do and either myself or
another person will let you know the answer

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Sam" wrote in message
you can, because i am working in a spredsheet that someone else created
that
does. but how?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Sam

You can't

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Sam" wrote in message
i want the choices to be formated in different colors, or bold or
italics,
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

i see the misunderstanding. i wanted to change color of the item that was
selected and put in the cell, not the color of the list itself. i think i
found the answer with conditional formating, it works well and is actually
fairly inteligble without a manual. thanks for your help.

"Sam" wrote in message
you can, because i am working in a spredsheet that someone else created
that
does. but how?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Sam

You can't

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Sam" wrote in message
i want the choices to be formated in different colors, or bold or
italics,
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes you can just select the cell you want to color then click format to
the menu
bar then select the conditional formatting:)

--
xtrmhyper
xtrmhyper's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23851