Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding repeated data in adjacent cells

Hi,

This is probably a very simple question, but I am fairly new to Excel
and have not been able to solve it.

I'd like Excel to find repeated data in adjacent cells (to see if we
have accidently re-used an account number).

Anyone know how this is done?

Thanks in advance-

--
akeene
akeene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36307

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say that the values you want to check for duplicates in is in Column A.
In column B have this formula
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1)1,"DUPLICATE","")

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9955

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there an easy way to have the word DUPLICATE kicked out in Column B
only where a duplicate is found in Column A? Right now it seems like
the formula tells me a duplicate exists in column A, but I am hoping to
be able to find the duplicates automatically.

Thanks again for your help-

--
akeene
akeene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36307
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560855

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now I got it - the function has to be in each cell in column B. Thanks
for the help Kraljb. Saved a lot of time...