Tim

Default Increase Length of Name Box

I use Named Ranges quite a bit. The name box only shows 7
or 8 named ranges then I get a scroll bar. This scrolling
makes it difficult when I have many named ranges in a
workbook.

My question is: Can I increase the length of the Name Box
to the full screen so I don't need to scroll so much? Is
this possible?

Thanks for any assistance in the matter!

Tim
JE McGimpsey

In MacXL, enter this in the VBE's Immediate Window:

CommandBars("Formula Bar").Controls("Name Box").Width = 600

For WinXL, see

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm

In article ,
"Tim" wrote:

I use Named Ranges quite a bit. The name box only shows 7
or 8 named ranges then I get a scroll bar. This scrolling
makes it difficult when I have many named ranges in a
workbook.

My question is: Can I increase the length of the Name Box
to the full screen so I don't need to scroll so much? Is
this possible?

Thanks for any assistance in the matter!

Norman Jones

Hi Tim,

JE has provided you with suggestions for widening the name box, which is
very useful if you deal with names which are too wide fully to display in
the standard Excel name box.

I am not aware of a corresponding method for increasing the number of names
displayed in the dropdown name box.

However, Jan Karel Pierterse's Name Manager add-in enables the simultaneous
visible display of 16 names.

As you "use Named Ranges quite a bit", I suspect that you would find the
many nice features very useful.

The add-in is freely downloadable at:

.. http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

---