Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JDB JDB is offline

Default Using Date & Time Custom Cell - Need to show blank!

I have a column with the cells formatted to show dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm. There is
also a formula that adds a day if certain conditions are met. When I copy
this formula down so that every cell has it, the cells on rows that haven't
been used yet show as 01/01/1900 00:00. How do I show these as blank cells -
the sheet is quite confusing otherwise!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JDB

Use an IF function around your current formula checking for a blank in the
cell that will eventually be filled out (In my example A1)

=IF(A1="","",A1+1)

(These are two double-quotes, "")

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"JDB" wrote in message
I have a column with the cells formatted to show dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm. There is
also a formula that adds a day if certain conditions are met. When I copy
this formula down so that every cell has it, the cells on rows that
haven't
been used yet show as 01/01/1900 00:00. How do I show these as blank
cells -
the sheet is quite confusing otherwise!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JDB JDB is offline

This doesn't seem to work. Firstly, it says that this creates a circular
reference.

I should have pointed out that the actual formula that is already in the
cells is as follows:

IF((E3="Y"),"",(B3+1))

Column E is a Y or N answer to whether a particular action has been
completed within 24 hours of the original date. If it hasn't, an email needs
to be sent 24 hours after the original date. The original date is column B.

"JDB" wrote in message
I have a column with the cells formatted to show dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm. There is
also a formula that adds a day if certain conditions are met. When I copy
this formula down so that every cell has it, the cells on rows that
haven't
been used yet show as 01/01/1900 00:00. How do I show these as blank
cells -
the sheet is quite confusing otherwise!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"JDB" wrote in message

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

"JDB" wrote in message
[...]

So taking what Nick suggested, and including that logic in your formula:
--
David Biddulph