Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default to month end

If I have a date in a cell, increase it by 1, it will become the next
day...If I have a random month-end date i.e. 31 March, how do you get
an increase to take it to the end of the next month? Adding 30, in this
case, takes it to 30 April which is fine, but if my start date was 31
January and I add 30 it takes me into March, not the end of February.

Anyone know or got any ideas?

Thanks

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Indeed I do,

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+{2,1},DAY(A1)*{0,1}))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Brisbane Rob"
wrote in message
news:Brisbane.Rob.2asql5_1152647108.3414@excelforu m-nospam.com...

If I have a date in a cell, increase it by 1, it will become the next
day...If I have a random month-end date i.e. 31 March, how do you get
an increase to take it to the end of the next month? Adding 30, in this
case, takes it to 30 April which is fine, but if my start date was 31
January and I add 30 it takes me into March, not the end of February.

Anyone know or got any ideas?

Thanks

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560432

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Once again, thanks Bob. When you write your book on Excel, elt me know -
I'm going to buy it!

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560432

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately it is floundering at the moment <g

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

news:Brisbane.Rob.2avolq_1152784506.0543@excelforu m-nospam.com...