Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default References to worksheets in formulae

Hi,

I've got a vlookup and the range I want looked at can be one of four
tables, each of these is on a different sheet. Currently I either use
an if:
if(V2=1, vlookup..., if(V2=2, vlookup... and so on
or
I filter the data on the value that affects the range I want looked at
and only type then copy the correct formula in each case.

I was wondering, however, if there is any way to include the value in
the lookup table array. The reference to different worksheets is
"'-Name of steet'!-" Could I replace this somehow with a cell reference
so that if I named the sheets the same as the values that affect the
result this calculates automatically.

Or am I being daft and should carry on as I am.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated
Andy

--
andyiain