Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert a Column into a Row

I have (in one worksheet) a list of all Majors.
I now want to convert that column into my header row for another
worksheet.

The final step would be to search through 3 rows in a 3rd worksheet and
count each time a specific major occurs (if I could automate this so
the formula simply looks at header for it's column and then searches
for that It would be perfect).

Thank you for any help you can offer me.

AlexV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Thansal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have (in one worksheet) a list of all Majors.
I now want to convert that column into my header row for another
worksheet.

Look at the TRANSPOSE function.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CW CW is offline

Copy - Paste Special - Transpose
The count if function would work for your second question

"Thansal" wrote:

I have (in one worksheet) a list of all Majors.
I now want to convert that column into my header row for another
worksheet.

The final step would be to search through 3 rows in a 3rd worksheet and
count each time a specific major occurs (if I could automate this so
the formula simply looks at header for it's column and then searches
for that It would be perfect).

Thank you for any help you can offer me.

AlexV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, thank you for clueing me in on the Transpose functions.
Unfortunatly, the number of majors is rather larger then the number of
columns that Excel will let me work with so I have to work horizontaly.

And thank you for reminding me of countif (I feel silly for forgetting
that)