Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Averages/Percentages

I have four lanes open per hour for sixteen hours. Each lane records a total
number every hour. I need an average per hour for sixteen hours and I need a
percentage for the amount of surveys conducted for each lane per hour for
sixteen hours. (i.e. if each lane recorded a total number of 15 for the
first hour this would equal to 60 between all four lanes for one hour. If 60
surveys were conducted between all four lanes within that first hour this
would be 100% surveys conducted). Please help.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps something like

=AVERAGE(IF((A2:A20=TIME(12,0,0))*(A2:A20<TIME(13 ,0,0))*(B2:B20=1),C2:C20))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

Where A2:A20 is the dates, B2:B20 is the lane number, C2:C20 is the number
of surveys.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips