Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I match and merger row contents from one workbook to anothe

I have two list. One list has about 150 rows of data. Each row has a serial
number. My other list has about 800 rows of additonal data and each row has
serial numbers as well. I would like to find the rows in the larger list
that have same serial numbers as in the smaller list and combine these rows
into one. How is this done? Basically, I want to find and match the serial
numbers to import data from the larger list into the smaller list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would run a VLOOKUP alongside the large list referring it to the smaller
one

e.g

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$150,1,FALSE)

Where you get the serial number alongside the list you have a match, where
you get #N/A you don't. You can then sort or filter on the matches and
copy/paste

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Wishing I was an Excel Guru." <Wishing I was an Excel
wrote in message
I have two list. One list has about 150 rows of data. Each row has a
serial
number. My other list has about 800 rows of additonal data and each row
has
serial numbers as well. I would like to find the rows in the larger list
that have same serial numbers as in the smaller list and combine these
rows
into one. How is this done? Basically, I want to find and match the
serial
numbers to import data from the larger list into the smaller list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I match and merger row contents from one workbook to an

Thank you for this solution. I will try this and see if I can make this
work. Sounds like a great solution.