Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delay opening a file from excel shortcut

When I try to open excell file through a shortcut on my desktop,
I have a +/- 15 seconds delay before the file actually opens.
If I open excel previously and open a file it does so immediately
I would appreciate help on this matter.
I have a very fast computer and 1meg RAM

Sincerely,
Arturo Meneses

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Arturo,

maybe you have 1 giga of RAM,
it could be depende how big is that file, and how many addIns or supplies do
you have active on excel.

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Ameneses" escreveu:

When I try to open excell file through a shortcut on my desktop,
I have a +/- 15 seconds delay before the file actually opens.
If I open excel previously and open a file it does so immediately
I would appreciate help on this matter.
I have a very fast computer and 1meg RAM

Sincerely,
Arturo Meneses

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply.
I have 1MB of ram and my excek files are very small.
The delay on openning is very annoying.

Arturo

"Ameneses" escreveu:

When I try to open excell file through a shortcut on my desktop,
I have a +/- 15 seconds delay before the file actually opens.
If I open excel previously and open a file it does so immediately
I would appreciate help on this matter.
I have a very fast computer and 1meg RAM

Sincerely,
Arturo Meneses

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Ameneses" wrote in message
"Marcelo" wrote:

"Ameneses" escreveu:

When I try to open excell file through a shortcut on my desktop,
I have a +/- 15 seconds delay before the file actually opens.
If I open excel previously and open a file it does so immediately
I would appreciate help on this matter.
I have a very fast computer and 1meg RAM

maybe you have 1 giga of RAM,
it could be depende how big is that file, and how many addIns or supplies
do
you have active on excel.

Thanks for the reply.
I have 1MB of ram and my excek files are very small.
The delay on openning is very annoying.

Which version of Excel are you using that gets away with using 1MB of RAM?

The requirements for Excel 2003
(http://www.microsoft.com/office/exce...fo/sysreq.mspx) a
"128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or greater"
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Sir,
I'm sorry for the misinformation . Here are my computers specs:
3.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

I would greatly appreciate your advice on the delay problem.

Arturo

"David Biddulph" wrote: