Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Acquiring External Data

I am creating a worksheet in Excel that I would like to get data from
Research Insight Database. I would like to be able to input the ticker
symbol of the company the dates of the data that I wish to acquire from
the database and everything happens automatically. I have an addin
where I can access the Research Insight program directly from Excel,
but I would like to make the process as simple as possible. I have to
run the Query within Research Insight, but I would like to set up an
interface where Excel can act as the front end for the queries. I
query for items such as Company Name, GCIS Economic Sector, and Monthly
return data.

Thanks

Charles