Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default isna returns a circular reference

Hi all,

This formula works when in adjacent cell, but when I use it in the
intended cell (AM164), I get a circular reference error. Can someone
enlighten me on how to make this work? It seems that I either need to
refer to AM164 differently, or move it elsewhere in the formula. The
formula works correctly if I remove the "IF(ISNA(AM164),0," portion.

=IF(ISNA(AM164),0,IF(AM110="n",0,(IF(MATCH("V",C5: C36,0)1,2,IF(C5="dv",1,0)))))

Thanks

--
Soundman
Soundman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24428

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don, Thanks for the help, but the circular reference still was there.

Dave, Yours worked! Thank you! I certainly will learn from this on how
to better handle errors!