Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to get exact hours above a spesific time?

I have a problem getting the hours I work overtime to be calculated. I
have a field with start time (A1) and end time (A2).

On saturdays I get 50% overtime paymant after 12:00 o'clock. Want to
calculate the hours past 12:00.
I have tried with things like IF(A212:00;"A3=A2-12:00;0;).
I just CAN'T get it to work with the hour format. ONLY with numbers and
text.
Is this impossible with the xx:xx format?

What could be done?
(PS. I know there might be errors in my example above. Just don't have
the excel here to test it at this time.)

--
MrHaugen
MrHaugen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36191

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In A3

=IF(A2TIME(12,0,0);A2-.5;A2)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"MrHaugen" wrote in
message ...

I have a problem getting the hours I work overtime to be calculated. I
have a field with start time (A1) and end time (A2).

On saturdays I get 50% overtime paymant after 12:00 o'clock. Want to
calculate the hours past 12:00.
I have tried with things like IF(A212:00;"A3=A2-12:00;0;).
I just CAN'T get it to work with the hour format. ONLY with numbers and
text.
Is this impossible with the xx:xx format?

What could be done?
(PS. I know there might be errors in my example above. Just don't have
the excel here to test it at this time.)

--
MrHaugen
MrHaugen's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559904