Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you automate numbers in Excel?

I need a number to automatically populate a cell with a unique number
each time the worksheet is opened. The number being populated needs to
populate in numerical order. For example, I have a worksheet that is
being used as a form which requires a unique number to be used as the
"ticket number". Each time the form is pulled up and used in Excel as
an official "ticket", it needs to have a different number; each
subsequent ticket shall follow the ticket number before it. The first
ticket number would be 1. Then when the same form was opened up to be
used the second time, the ticket number would be 2 and so on.

Can such a function be accomplished in Mircrosoft Excel?

Thanks in advance.

Heather Stokes

--
Heather Stokes