Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countif using the min function

Hi All

Come stuck on a formulae and hoping some one might be able to help me
out.

I am trying to count numeric values within a range, and then bring back
the smallest number, so here is what i have so far:

=COUNTIF('1'!$F12:$L12,"0")

the problem I am having is that if for e.g. 5, 5, 5 is entered within
the range, it counts this as three times, but i would only like the
formulae to count it once no matter how many numeric values are
entered.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Andrew

--
bsnapool
bsnapool's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36115

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT((F12:L120)/COUNTIF(F12:L12,F12:L12&""))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"bsnapool" wrote in
message ...

Hi All

Come stuck on a formulae and hoping some one might be able to help me
out.

I am trying to count numeric values within a range, and then bring back
the smallest number, so here is what i have so far:

=COUNTIF('1'!$F12:$L12,"0")

the problem I am having is that if for e.g. 5, 5, 5 is entered within
the range, it counts this as three times, but i would only like the
formulae to count it once no matter how many numeric values are
entered.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Andrew

--
bsnapool
bsnapool's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559862

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply, but this formulae adds the different variations
of the data entered. I would just like numeric values to be counted as
1 occurence.

For example

m - 5.5
t - 6.6
w - 9.6
t JURY SERVICE
f - JURY SERVICE

I would just like the formulae to count this as once occurence, even
though 3 days have been entered.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Andrew

--
bsnapool
bsnapool's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36115
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559862

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this then

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(F12:L12),(F12:L120)/COUNTIF(F12:L12,F12:L12&""))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"bsnapool" wrote in