Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need your kind and argent help

Please help me I have a problem with Excel

I’m currently running some Employee reports from SAP. All Employees
have two records, the only thing that is commen is their Name … I would
like to take one piece of information from one report and add it to the
corresponding employee in the other report.

For example

Workbook 1

Column A = Name EE
Column B = International EE number
Column C = Personnel area International
Column D = Needed data from Workbook 2 = Column C (Personnel area
Local) in workbook 2

Workbook 2

Column A = Name EE
Column B = Local EE number
Column C = Personnel area Local

--
Karen271077
Karen271077's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36195

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In cell in Workbook 1 ,column D, row 2 (assuming row 1 isa header row):

=VLOOKUP(A2,[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10,3,0) and copy down

To allow for errors i.e. name not present in Workbook2:

=If(iserror(VLOOKUP(A2,[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10,3,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2,[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$C$10,3,0))

Where A2=Name EE

and Workbook2 has data in columns A to C on Sheet1.

Adjust ranges/sheet names to suit

This assumes Workbook2 is open but it will work if Workbook2 is closed if
you provide the full directory path.

HTH