Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add Ins

Hi,

I have installed s programme which uses add ins, and they are correctly
showing on the add-ins list, but as inactive. When I go to manage the add-ins
and tick the boxes, I get an error message saying the path cannot be found. I
have checked the path which is correct, and the add-ins are there.

Any ideas how I can activate them?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe the entries in that tools|addins dialog point to where you originally
installed them (and you later moved them?????).

If that's possible, you should be prompted to remove the entries from that
(where the files couldn't be found).

Then just browse to your real location and re-add those addins.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

No the files are showing in the Add In dialog as pointing to the Office
12/Library, which is exactly where the files are located.

Any more thoughts?

Tony Jason

Tony Jason wrote:

Hi,

I have installed s programme which uses add ins, and they are correctly
showing on the add-ins list, but as inactive. When I go to manage the add-ins
and tick the boxes, I get an error message saying the path cannot be found. I
have checked the path which is correct, and the add-ins are there.

Any ideas how I can activate them?

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried browsing and still no joy.

I have been in contact with the add-in software people, and they are aware
of some issues and are hoping to provide me with an update within the next
week or so to try and deal with this problem.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks.

Tony Jason