Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Averaging Time Difference

Can I average a column of times (that were determined as a difference
from two other columns)? The times are being formatted with a MOD
function due to the times could be on two different days.

Now to make it more complicated, I would like to only averge the time
difference that corresponds to another column that is represented by a
constant.

Ex:
Col A Col B Col C Col D
2 12:14 12:15 0:01
1 23:56 00:02 0.06

I am trying to determine the time difference between Col B and Col C
with the result in Col D. Again I am using a MOD due to date change. I
then want to only pick out all "1" or "2" in Col A and average the time
difference in Col D that corresponds to that.

Do I need to format the cells differently than times?

Please help!

--
vldavis809
vldavis809's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36146

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--((A1:A50=1)+(A1:A50=2))*(D1:D50))/SUMPRODUCT(--((A1:A50=1)+(A1:A50=2)))

If you require answer in minutes/seconds format as mm:ss

HTH