Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Personal.xls

Hi,
Can someone tell me where PERSONSL.XLS resides. I am on network.
NT guys changed my hard drive and I lost my personal.xls file.

Thank you
Saziz

--
saziz
saziz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6350

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if your on a nt work open excel goto WINDOWS and unhide the peronal gile
then open FILE PROPERTIES and the location of the file is there

should you want to delete this file and dont have access write a macro
saying
sub delete_file
Kill "C:\...."

end sub

good luck

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saziz

Should be in this folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

To make sure of where yours is stored enter this in the immediate window.

?application.StartupPath

To get the immediate window hit ALT + F11 then CTRL + g

Paste the above in and hit enter to get the path.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP