Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating cells twice?

I use a spreadsheet everyday that involves alot of VBA and calculations.
The sheet used to run its calculation once (manual calc is the only way
to use the spreadsheet). It has started to calc the sheet twice now
when we hit shift F9. Any reasons? I thought it might be because of
dependent algorithms, but they have always been there.

--
Nike6106
Nike6106's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36170

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the program set to calculate manually?? Goto options calculate and
see what is checked off

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Some cells may be calculated more than once, especially if you have User Defined Functions. This happens more (or even only, I'm
not sure) if your UDFs address worksheet cells directly, that is, not via the argument list.
It also depends on which version of Excel you have. Much information about the calculation mechanism can be found on Charles
William's site:

www.decisionmodels.com

For Excel 2002, an uncommonly detailed specification of that mechanism can be found he

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...c_xlrecalc.asp

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten