Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel, How do I get rows to adjust to cronological order of date

I am setting up a cell that will show what day of the month a certain
customer signed up with the company.... is there a formula that will allow
the whole spread sheet adjust to cronologiacl order based off that day of
(any) month...
EX:
Day of Month
6
6
6
7
7
7
7
8
8
8
8
8

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The function day(datevalue) will give you the day of the month.
Put this in a column,
select that area to sort,
go to menu item Data - Sort and specify the column as the sort field.

Hope this helps.

--
LarryLL
LarryLL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36136

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi Jay, use an auxiliar column with =DAY(a2) and order by it

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Jay.... Needing help" escreveu:

I am setting up a cell that will show what day of the month a certain
customer signed up with the company.... is there a formula that will allow
the whole spread sheet adjust to cronologiacl order based off that day of
(any) month...
EX:
Day of Month
6
6
6
7
7
7
7
8
8
8
8
8

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel, How do I get rows to adjust to cronological order of da

Can you be alittle more specific..... I am pretty quick about picking this
up , but I'm only used to roking with add subtract... etc....

Can you give me step by step instructions on how to do this?

Jay.... Needing help Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jay,

assuming your data is on Column A rows 2 thu 30

on B2 use a formula =day(a2) it will return 6 on 6/6/06

copy this formula down thu b20.
select the data A and B column and sort by B (days)

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

Jay.... Needing help Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK here is the scoop....

I am making me a spreadsheet that has all my customers info on it and the
day of the month they signed up on... I'm only concerned with sorting the day
cause then I can track day by day the moneies that I should be getting direct
deposited into my account.... I right now have over 80 different customers
but I am getting to where we are signing up about 2-40 a month.....

So If I can:

1) Add new customers info and it will automatically put it with the group
based off of that specific day, mo matter what month they signed up.... then
my Accounts recieveable clerk can just scroll down to the current day and
follow up with tracking....

2) I would like to have a running total of all Monies for that month at the
bottom of the spread sheet.... is there a way that it can total up the whole
month even as I add new ones no matter if I have 100 or 15000 customers???

I hope this help you help me :)

I'm kinda an advanced beginner.... these are just things that I have never
tried to accomplish with my spread sheets....

Regards
~J