Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default import filtered data

Hello,
I have created a budget system of files that all talk to each other using
vlookup formulas. I am trying to condense their CPU usage and would like to
use a filtered query to retreive some of the source data from a master file.
(Also Excel).
My question is essentially how do I import only a section of data from a
list from one Excek file to another without using Microsoft Query?
Assuming that the data is position variable within that list.

When I try to import from External Dabases and choose excel it tells me that
there are to tables in my master file. Though, it states that they are all
tables when I just import the page through the import data button.

When choosing to simply import the data there is an option to 'Edit OLE DB
Query".
Would this be a good option? If so How?

I know that I am rambling but it is frustrating.
Thank you for any help, JIM