Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bespoke drop down list

Hi all,
in cell A1, I will enter Dept1, Dept2 or Dept3

in cell B1 I would like to have a drop down list, but the choices in
the list would be determined by which Dept number is in A1

This would save me having to choose from a long list every time.

for simplicity, the choices for Dept 1 could be red, yellow, green
Dept 2 could be red, blue
green
Dept 3 could be Blue, purple
white

Can this be done, please?

thank you

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

robert111 wrote:
Hi all,
in cell A1, I will enter Dept1, Dept2 or Dept3

in cell B1 I would like to have a drop down list, but the choices in
the list would be determined by which Dept number is in A1

This would save me having to choose from a long list every time.

for simplicity, the choices for Dept 1 could be red, yellow, green
Dept 2 could be red, blue
green
Dept 3 could be Blue, purple
white

Can this be done, please?

thank you

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559241

Hi Robert,

There is an excellent guide to dependent lists on this page:

Bondi