Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Format

Could any one help me in getting to change the format of the cell depending
on an if statement. I would like to get the cell to change colour if the
formula result is below 0
IF(A 1<0,then change call format to red ,Cell format green)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Execeld wrote:
Could any one help me in getting to change the format of the cell depending
on an if statement. I would like to get the cell to change colour if the
formula result is below 0
IF(A 1<0,then change call format to red ,Cell format green)

Hi,
One way would be to use Conditional Formatting.

Goto Format - Conditional Formatting and chose Cell Value Less Than
Then Click Format - Patterns and chose Green..

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You would need to set the default format of the cell to Green.
Then, FormatConditional FormattingCell Value isdropdown to select
Less than enter 0 in white pane
Click Format and set Font to Red
--
Regards