Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protected Workbook - Not a Good Idea!

I have a workbook that I protected so long ago that I cannot remember the
password - Big mistake! I want to do a "Save As" and save it as a different
file name. When I do this, it's still protected. I cannot rename any sheet
tabs or move or copy any of the sheets. What do I do? Am I SOL? HELP!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John McGimpsey has code to strip out internal passwords.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP