Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pasting into visable cells only

I am trying to past data from one excel workbook into another. The worksheet
that I am trying to past into uses auto filter to select just the data that I
need. When I try to paste excel pastes into all the hidden cells between
those that are shown. Is is possible to past only into those that are on show.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi CDRR,

select the filtered range, press F5 click on Special and check visible cells
only,
copy and paste as you need

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"C D R R" escreveu:

I am trying to past data from one excel workbook into another. The worksheet
that I am trying to past into uses auto filter to select just the data that I
need. When I try to paste excel pastes into all the hidden cells between
those that are shown. Is is possible to past only into those that are on show.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI CDDR

I have not try this but I would do a search on these term

SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

Good luck

--
jetted
jetted's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17532

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel doesn't have anything that lets you do this built into it.

But maybe you could sort your data, then paste into that contiguous range.

Then resort and reapply the filter???

C D R R wrote:

I am trying to past data from one excel workbook into another. The worksheet
that I am trying to past into uses auto filter to select just the data that I
need. When I try to paste excel pastes into all the hidden cells between
those that are shown. Is is possible to past only into those that are on show.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

--

Dave Peterson