Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combine index match and sumproduct

Is it possible to combine sumproduct with index or match/

I have a list of customers with area codes in A, C is overdue amounts D
amounts payable the end of the current month and E payable next month. The
headings for c,d,e is dates.
How do I tell the formula to sumproduct a column, but the column varies.
My summayr is a forcast of when recievables is due with area codes in A
descriptions in B and dates from C-AZ.
Sorry I think I have confused myself by now
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Esrei wrote:
Is it possible to combine sumproduct with index or match/

I have a list of customers with area codes in A, C is overdue amounts
D amounts payable the end of the current month and E payable next
month. The headings for c,d,e is dates.
How do I tell the formula to sumproduct a column, but the column
varies. My summayr is a forcast of when recievables is due with area
codes in A descriptions in B and dates from C-AZ.
Sorry I think I have confused myself by now

I think it could be better if you could upload a small example file to
www.savefile.com

--
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A small example

If you had customers listed in column A and amounts in columns B to F
with date headers in B1:F1 then you could sum amounts for a specific
customer for a specific date with this formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100=H1),INDEX(B2:F100,0,MATCH(H2,B1:F1,0)))

where H1 contains the customer name and H2 the date to sum for.

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486