Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic data formatting

I need to show the raw data in different formats.

In the first sheet, a web application will fill the raw data based on the
filtering criteria. The second sheet will show the raw data in different
format with rich formatting applied. There will be some formuae applied to
show summation, percentage etc.

I found that pivot table does not give the look and feel which I require.

Can some provide the solution for this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suggest you construct a sumproduct table on sheet 2. This can
"analyse" a varying number of rows of data in sheet 1, providing you
can ensure the columns are in the same order every time.

If column A contains names, and cell A1 = names, likewise if column B
contains ages, the formula will be something like:

=sumproduct(($a$2:$a$1000="fred")*($b$2:$b$100039 ))

this finds all the freds that are 40 or older.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996